Thursday, September 26, 2013

Scarefest: Morning of and the arrival

Waking up at 8:30 when its originally 7:30 is probably the stupidest thing I've ever done. I love sleep so when I say wake me up at 8 i mean wake me up when it's 8 my time, not Kentucky's time. I think I fell asleep in the shower, don't judge me it was warm and relaxing and i was still half asleep when I got out.

I've learnt don't eat a lot of breakfast then get in a car, you will fall asleep. I slept from Bowling Green, Kentucky all the way to a small town outside if Lexington where we ate McDonald's. Rule one of eating in a McDonald's in Kentucky, don't question the coloring. You get awkward stares until you leave.

After I left the all to blue place, we found ourselves driving past the castle that's a hotel. I don't know who stayed in it cause is must've taken a lot of money. I just know that when I attend UK in a few years I'm going to buy a camera and take a hundred pictures of the castle and all the other places surrounding it.

This year and like every year before parking was hell. We drove circles for about thirty minutes throughout downtown Lexington just to find a spot. At least it wasn't crowded with pedestrians like a few years back. Of course being the rebellious teenager I am I decided to go jay walking in stead of finding a cross walk.*

Usually Scarefest isnt crowded but this year it seemed everyone that had enough money to show up did. The line stretched from the ticket booth all they way to the very back where Zak Bagans line started. The wait wasnt that bad but it was still lengthy for me. I've never had to wait so long for this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment