Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Freakouts

This week in general has been really tough. Last night we hosted the Night of Bands and I'm proud to say that I taught my Drum Major how to Hand Jive last night. The fact that I was one of the few who knew how to makes me very pleased. Over all I enjoyed Thursday Night Band exhibition.

Tonight the Hayden Wildcats take on the Walker Vikings in a game we all know is going to suck. Every year we get beat to a pulp at least the band is good. Well we used to be good anyway. This year just seems off, maybe its just me and my hatred for Rookies.

I hate how our band director lies to all our faces and say we do a good job when I know for fact we all suck. This year the rookies are getting babied, thats just down right annoying. Last year I was screamed at, I had to run, and I was given way to many push ups because one person was out of step. This year we have to speak to them like they're newborn babies. Its complete bullshit.

I was fussed at for moving at attention, fixing my hair during prayer, and not being quiet sometimes. This year I've got idiots doing that and when I get on to them I'm the one getting fussed at! Excuse me if I'm trying to do something right. It seems this whole band program is going downhill. The main problem is in my section. The trumpets, flutes, low brass, and percussion dont have dumb idiots like the Clarinets.

No one can get along in this section, everyone wants to run in and no one can work together. I've got a senior who cries all the fucking time and then I've got two gingers trying to actually do something but they get all the blame put on them. Then all the sophomores try to but heads and control people but do you know who has more authority than them? Me. The seating chart goes as written: Head section leader (Senior who cries), Junior co-section leader(To nice to function), Junior co-section leaders (the gingers), Tamara, Me, all the other people who dont understand order.

I'm pretty much in control of the section when some of the section leaders are gone. I've never been in such a horrible group where the underdogs try to take charge and they have no idea what the fuck they're doing. I know what to do and when to do, just like Tamara and the section leaders.I dont get why the rookies go to the dumbest fucking people in our section and ask them stuff. They're wrong and they're always going to be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment