Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pitch Perfect Review


A few weeks ago my friends brought over a few movies but the one that stood out the most was the one and only Pitch Perfect. Now at first I was super skeptical about a movie like this. I had never seen a trailer or saw something indicating it had been in theaters. Over the summer "Cups" had been over played with a few other songs that everybody loved to hate. I remember my friends trying to teach me the cup part and i ended up throwing a cup at her head.

I love how everything they sing is strictly A Capella. There was only a few times you heard a song being played that wasn't entirely from the voice. When the movie first started I found Bumper a very likable character even though he was a complete douche towards the Bella's. Universal really captured the hotheadedness a leader can get when they do something over and over again. I didn't really like the puking thing Aubrey had going on.

Becca is probably the closest thing you could get to a characterization of myself. She's sarcastic and closed off from the world all because she's been hurt once and doesn't want a repeat. Jesse just tries and tries to push her out of that sarcastic shell of hers and every time she starts showing her real self he ends up getting hurt by being pushed away. I highly doubt they'll be together in the second movie though, something will have to come up.

All in all the greatest character is Fat Amy- actually her name is Fat Patricia. She's the highlight of the movie to me. When people are down or Aubrey is acting like Hitler she can brighten the screen by rambling. Anyone could tell her and Bumper had a thing for each other, for Christ sake the girl had his number! And the way they always nagged each other over little things. It was kinda upsetting to see him leave before the finals. I would've loved to see his reaction to the Bella's winning. I'm sure if Amy had seen Jesse and Becca kiss then Bumper and Amy would've done the same.

I really wish on the soundtrack they would've let them cover more songs, like each individual from the riff off along with the one sang by the JFK high student at semi-finals. Becca's songs should've also been on the track as well. Still the OST is amazing no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment